Saturday, June 23, 2007

A tale of two cities

Since time immemorial there has always been arguments between bangloreans and chennaivasis on which city is better. Well I m kinda torn between these two cities. I live and work in Chennai but the rest of my family resides in Bangalore, so I frequently visit the garden city. But when it comes to arguments I am always up front defending my hot, humid, inferno like Chennai, coz this is where I started my life on my own. When my arrogant* bangloree friends make fun of the Chennai heat, I shoot back that its coz Chennai is the Hawaii of India but I run out of answers when they ask me about the planet’s most beautiful natural resources- yeah… beautiful girls. Its not that Chennai doesn’t have a single one of them…it’s just so hard to find one here (without a boyfirend). When you take a walk in the busy Bangalore streets every other person you brush your shoulders with turns out to be a handsome hunk or a beautiful babe clad in the most fashionable of dress materials.

Seriously... where is everybody? Is it because Chennai is more conservative than Bangalore (one of the reasons I like Chennai more than b’lore)?? Sigh!! And the chances are that whenever you happen to spot one u ll find a hulk of a boyfriend guarding her. Why God why?? Why this discrimination?? Its like gals here prefer bodyguards than boyfriends. What will happen to normal guys like me if every gal starts recruiting boyfriends from gymnasiums?? My best pal who is also my roomy is also the victim of the same disaster. Occasionally we go to the nearby beach to share our grief. While sitting there we see cute chicks zipping past on bikes with their bodyguards...er boyfriends…..who look so ferocious that they could make Mike Tyson pee in his pants just by staring at him. C’mon we are not that bad, we dress well too and own the best bikes in the country and most importantly we look very human rather than characters out of “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe”.My pal even had a weird idea of hiring a hot looking pillion rider for his bike by advertising in free ads !! Well maybe we are a bit of mirror cracking materials ourselves …. I resemble a human drumstick (cute though :D)** and together me and my pal end up looking like the Indian version of “Laurel and Hardy” (I still don’t know whether the fatso is Laurel or is it the other way round).

Well theres one place where you can feast your eyes in Chennai though….the swanky shopping malls of the metro. My favourite being the Chennai City Center….. yeah you Bangalore’s Forum Mall jerkies …..see the pic below and go green with envy muhahaha……



Hmmm so where was I? Yeah if we go to one of such malls on weekends in the evening you can witness the conclave of all hotties in Chennai. Yeah and that’s the reason of the deserted Chennai streets….. I think. From the top floor of the City Center we gaze down at all the sweet looking dudettes …. Realizing that this is not meant for us, at least for a long time to come…. I turn to my pal and say “dude, guess it’s only you and me again…lets go grab a cup of coffee”.

To be continued...

PS: this post is not an argument on which city is better as in some comments that i received. Just sharing my experiences i had, living in both the cities.Watch out this space....more to come soon!!

* sorry my frnds from bangalore, that was just for an effect
** now thats what i call self-confidence B)

11 comments:

Ginu said...

Very true Arun...Chennai is very conservative and we get to see ppl on bikes only...:(..Anyway try u r luck at Navalur...

Anonymous said...

Frustrated ???? :-D

Anonymous said...

well... u kinda started on 'b'lore vs chennai' nd ended up being nuts over girlfriends (or the absence thereof).. dude lemme put it this way... 'y an entire estate 4 a cup of tea??'.. nd too many cups r neways gonna ruin ur appettite..
so me getting bk to b'lore vs chennai .. well 2 things that strike me r the weather nd the traffic.. b'lore scores on the 1st but is easily thrashed on the aspect of commuting.. its horrible over there.. nd asthmatics , b'lore can kill u...hmm.. b'lore has a better cosmopolitan look to it, nd maybe less bias based on region(wokay, tamilians aren't in their good books).. nd of course, no(or indeed less) water problems compared 2 chennai.. but if its the girls thats driving u there...BEWARE.. the competition u gonna get may lead to some extreme inferior complex.. ;).. so dude its better off in chennai... harris

Anonymous said...

hey good post man! - Niks

George said...

How True !!!!! . Its the dark complexion that makes the Muthulakshmis and ABCthankams out of scope. This scenaro was created when Sun decided to shine in an extra bright fashion in not just Chennai , but entire Tamil Nadu.

Anonymous said...

Dude.. Chennai is one f***ed up city!! Its got nothing man.. pubs close at 11 30.. the best vodka available is MGM Vodka.. no Bacardi.. Chicks are all Dhanalakhsmis(no offence if one of the readers' names is that!!).. the heat and humidity is unbearable.. the people are crazy(our politicians are the best example).. The Beach, which was one of the bright spots, is now a load of shi* were people feel free to come piss on... There is no cleanliness at all.. ppl spit on the read and shit on the road..Although some of these points are common to most cities, its the conservative attitude of the people, that is the most frustrating.. ppl here cant live and die by the day.. anyway, hope I ve managed to impress some lady in Bangalore reading this!!!

Prashanth

Nasia said...

arun... aap ne tho meri moo ki baat cheen li!!!!!
I too luv Chennai inspite of being in bangalore for more than a year.. and that 2 for the exact reasons u hav told.. the conservative metro where i began my corporate life..
I m sending this link to one of my friends with whom i recenlty fought 4 Chennai..:-)

Ghosty said...

@prashanth.... nice comment dude... has more matter in it than my post !!!!

Bullshee said...

Arun(that I gather is the appropriate nomenclature?), my friend Nasia sent me this link....I liked the way you were torn between two cities. I still feel you're backing the under dog here. Bangalore girls, the weather, the mind numbing traffic and the sweet extra milk chaai make Bangalore irresistable to me..
Chennai on the other hand has never appealed to my better sense....oh well, some of us are less smart(me!)???

Blogger Bhaiyya said...

"Natures Best resources" are visible (though almost non-existant ) in only 3 places in Chennai :- Ascendas, Mocha,Besi Beach.

I am rather surprised that anyone finds the "babes",@ City Centre, Hot.

AND, Blore has a lot more places to hang-out or spend time.

Anonymous said...

Oye hoye!! Arun has grown up now... So much of interestin girls.. Great going Buddy.. It made for an interesting read.. Lekin yaar, tu itna bhi to smart nahin hai... LoL!! :))