Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ah..ummmm..hmmm... naaaah !!

The last few week's been hectic, funny, entertaining, enthusiastic and quite educational. It's been more than a month since I joined SAP AG, and al I know about the place is its expansion and my pay package. Being aware about my “exceptional” knowledge about the organization and is products, my manager (female) advised me to go through some presentation slides and documents for the next 4 days. The analytical room of my usually vacant top floor quickly calculated the total number of slides and the days in hand – 227 slides per day !!! What the heck !!!!!! Are you kiddin me ???


Caught up with my old buddy and went for a movie the other day. I was going through a streak of bad dumbass movies for the last three months. If this one were a dud too, I would have given the Bangalore Royal Challengers a serious complex.But the jinx broke and “Iron Man” turned out to be one awesome movie. No this ain't a patriotic documentary about our iron-man, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. It's a superhero movie, with lotta nail-biting moments and some fresh, hilarious and sarcastic jokes which will actually make you laugh. The character is not your cliché underwear-over- pants superhero who is saving people, whilst managing a love-life and other personal problems. This guy here is a filthy rich inventor who at the same time is a complete asshole, but an asshole whom you ll love !! For all the movie buffs out there, watch this movie... it's money well spent !!

IPL IPL IPL IPL IPL
The three letters that have taken the nation by storm. This “manoranjan ka baap” has given all the prime time soaps a run for their money. After the recent footballizing of the otherwise boring game of cricket, suddenly T20 is the new mantra. Take the regular old cricket, chop down the overs to 20, add some fun elements, some imported cheerleaders, movie stars and VOILA!! cricket becomes the most promising business opportunities of all times !!! Of late there have been controversies of players getting slapped by opponents, cheerleaders doing much more than cheering, Dada and Warney locking horns etc. But what the heck, as long as it rains sixers and cheerleaders shake their legs, an average cricket fan like me would me more than happy !!!

Today I had my first team meeting at office where some big blokes from Germany, Singapore etc came over tele-conference to discuss about development plans, deadlines, task planning, global warming, oil crisis, George W Bush's lost underwear etc etc... at the end of two hours they declared that the meeting was successful and were looking forward to a better tomorrow blah blah... It was quite fruitful to me too... see below to find out how I spent those boring hours...


4 comments:

George said...

I liked that guy with laptop. "Spirit of Entreprenureship

George said...

I think IPL T20 is a prostitution of cricket. The puritans must have said the same thing when Kerry Packer launched One Day cricket. But this is too much. Can't digest cricket with strip tease. So glad to see a sketch after a long time and dont forget to post the sketch of your manager , next time.

Ghosty said...

prostitution or striptease... bottomline is that IPL has turned into the biggest entertainer of recent times. Movie producers who released their utter trash movies(eg. Jimmy, dhoomdhadaka, etc) during IPL have gone bankrupt... Saans-Bahu serials have rock bottom TRP ratings !! what more cud i ask for ??? heheeehaaahaaaa
3 cheers for Rajasthan Royals !!

harry said...

hmmm... i like this one... well written...