Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Vantage Point

Being a guy torn between two cities I shuttle between Chennai and Bangalore quite often. My favorite hangout place in Chennai Central, while waiting for the train, is the Pizza Corner overlooking the gigantic ticket booking hall. A perfect vantage point, where you can feast your eyes on the sea of people going around with their life, always late to catch a train (both real and the train of life).



Some happy, some sad, some tense, some hungry, some full, some beautiful, some not so beautiful, some sleepy, some tired and some simply oblivious to the confusion around them. So many lives, each an untold story, pass in front of you.

It is weird, as if watching a live telecast of life and you can’t change the channel. When I look at most of them I feel so content. I don’t have to eat stale food, sleep on the floor or get bullied by stupid policemen who can’t see their toes when they look down (cos their pot-belly blocks the view).

After finishing my pizza I walk down and join the rest the world, becoming one of the untold stories myself. But unlike others I never miss my train.



As I walk towards my train I spot a huge ad hoarding with a catchy punch-line “We all change for the ones we love” which I found to be unusually true!!


PS: 1. Dear reader, do try out the pizza corner, it’s not as big a brand as dominoes or the pizza hut, but believe me they serve the yummiest pizzas in the country.

2. Dear policeman reader, stop trying to look at your toes and start working out.

7 comments:

Ginu said...

Well written dude..very true and i find i can relate myself to this too...

Anonymous said...

Goood one ... I could almost see the crowd rt here...good thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Boss!! Mast post tha.. Didnt land up at ur blog-step intentionally but thru Nasia's.

Tu bhi itna mast soch sakta hai, nahi socha tha. I concur with Indu's comment. Way to go Ghost!! :)

Nasia said...

and u had to talk abt pizza when i m trying to diet

Ghosty said...

@ ginu,indu : Thanks a lot guyz !! :)

@silleto: tu "bhi" itna mast soch sakta hai ka kya matlab ?? huh ?? main "hi" to class mein mast sochta tha na re ... jandu!!

@nasia: dieting wont help u dear... u need to starve !!! MUHUHAHAHA !!

Jerry said...

cool writing ...
loved it ...

post often .. it makes good reading material ..

@Stiletto - u too have a blog i suppose .. which u forgot ...

Anonymous said...

Dear Ghosty! Mujhe bhool gaya class mein mast sochne waalon mein? :))

And Jerry Boy! Stiletto might be growin older but still retains his sharp edge.. My blog and me are reunited.. ;) Got to start workin on it tho.. :))