Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Masti ki paatshaala

Saw one hell of a movie recently... Taare Zameen Par. Nope… not writing a review on some movie again. But I must say that it’s an awesome watch and missing it would be a blasphemy. Kinda reminded me of the "growing up" stage of my life. I am 23 now, supposed to be grown up but dunno where I currently stand in the “grown up” ladder.



I could relate the kid’s life in the movie to my own when in was in school. Nope I wasn’t dyslexic. But moi was kinda imaginative and had a keen passion for colors, paintings, pencils and teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles while other kids of my age found bliss in street cricket. And even I had my share of getting punished and being sent out of the class 

I remember when one of my dad’s colleagues visited our home with his family… he asked me…

Mr.Dad's Colleague: “Beta tum bada hoke kya banoge??”

8 year old me: “I wanna be the guy who waves the green flag at the end of the train!!!” (Followed by dead silence in the room for 2 minutes.)

Er... not quite the right answer that would be expected from an engineer’s son. But what the heck, when I was 8 I thought waving green flag from the last coach of the train was pretty cool!! It was a genuine innocent answer from an eight year old who had no idea what to become when he grows up!! Kids are programmed to become either doctors or engineers right from the first day they step into school.

Middle school was the best part of my kid life!! Studies, vacations, cricket, soccer, bicycles, aimless explorations with buddies, bruises, cuts phew… those were the days!! Nothing much has changed over the years… GI-Joes, cricket bats, bicycles have changed to nokias, ipods, playstations and street-biking!! Grow up??? Who wants to?? Abhi to poori life baaki hai dost!!


5 comments:

harry said...

guess i shud hav posted my comment here instead of 'legend'.

Indu said...

Waving the green flag was a good one :D

Ginu said...

waving the green flag...gud one..just wondering how it wud be if u had actually done that..!!!

Sreehari H said...

always playing???
just that the games just keep changing.tats a cool approach buddy

George said...

I'm not the one who shed tears during movies, but to be frank , at the end of the movie ..when the kid runs back to his teacher to give him that one last hug .. I couldn't hold it. I wasn't wailing, but guys I believe this was the most touching hindi movie I ever saw , I certainly believe that , this one deserves an Oscar.